Our Insurance Plans
Better Plans, Better Service, Better Value
Selman & Company offers a wide range of TRICARE, CHAMPVA, and TRICARE Reserve Select Supplement plans for the military community. Our programs are designed to help military retirees, regardless of branch or rank, and their eligible dependents reduce or eliminate their out-of-pocket expenses. We help you gain access to veteran and civilian healthcare systems worldwide whenever you need care.
We are proud to offer the following supplemental health plans:
- TRICARE Standard/Extra Supplements
- TRICARE Prime Supplements
- TRICARE Reserve Select Supplements
- CHAMPVA Supplements
Our plans are available either directly from Selman & Company or through your employer if you've started a second career. This gives you the freedom to choose and the flexibility to find the right combination for you and your family. Primary medical plans inevitably have holes that mean out-of-pocket costs that are passed on to you. The Selman & Company supplement plans were designed to wrap around your TRICARE, CHAMPVA, or TRICARE Reserve Select benefits typically filling those holes. While benefits vary by plan, our supplements can help you to avoid the financial difficulties that often accompany accidents or unexpected health problems.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
Our supplements are for:
- Military retirees with at least 20 years of creditable military service and entitled to retired pay
- Spouses or surviving spouses of military retirees
- Retired Reserve members under age 60 ("Gray Area" retirees) and enrolled in TRICARE Retired Reserves (TRR)
- Spouses or surviving spouses of Retired Reserve members who are enrolled in TRR
- Retired reservists over age 60 with at least 20 years of creditable military service
- Spouses or surviving spouses of Retired Reservists
- Eligible for CHAMPVA as a dependent of a disabled veteran or a surviving dependent of a veteran who died in the line of duty
To be eligible for one of Selman & Company's supplement plans you must be eligible for TRICARE, CHAMPVA, or TRICARE Reserve Select. The guidelines for eligibility in any of these programs can be found at the following websites:
TRICARE - http://www.tricare.mil/eligibility.aspx
CHAMPVA - http://www.va.gov/PURCHASEDCARE/programs/dependents/champva/champva_eligibility.asp
TRICARE Reserve Select - http://www.tricare.mil/RESERVE